Thursday, October 7, 2010

All About Eyes: Runway Edition - Derek Lam

(photo taken from (left) Harper's Bazaar & (right) Stylist)

This one gave me some difficulty because it's really hard for me to recreate a look when my eyelid is so different from the inspiration. Thankfully, I was able to find a photo from a model with a slightly more similar shape to mine (yay for Asian runway models!). However, I did combine elements from both photos (the upper lid of the photo on the right and the lower lash line of the photo on the left).




Products Used:
MAC Paint Pot - Soft Ochre
Sephora Color Play 5-in-1 Palette - shimmery blue, matte blue, matte bluegreen, matte white
MAC eyeshadow - Deep Truth
MAC eyeshadow - Tempting
Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Mascara


I started off with Soft Ochre all over the lid, all the way up to the brows. Then, I applied the matte blue eyeshadow all over the lid. I made sure to create the same shape as the photo (a rounded edge in the inner corner and a diagonal starting from the lower lash line, going upwards and outwards in the outer edge). I also made sure to go over the inner half of my brows with a bit of the eyeshadow. Once I've covered all the spaces, I applied a bit of a shimmery dark blue shade from the Sephora palette and Deep Truth by MAC just to the inner portion of the lid, layering it on top of the matte blue. Then I applied a bit of the matte bluegreen shade to the outer portion of the lid; again, layering on top of the matte blue. Then I layered some matte white eyeshadow (from the Sephora palette) to the brow bone. Next I applied Tempting eyeshadow (a "sinfully rich coco" according to MAC's website) with a pencil brush all along the lower lash line. I took this a little bit lower than I normally would in order to really recreate the look.  I finished the look with a few coats of Lights, Camera, Splashes! by Tarte, but I only applied this to the top lashes. 







Hope you all loved this look
&
a big "hello" to all the new followers of Call It Beauty!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...