Thursday, December 16, 2010

All About Eyes - Evening Neutral





Products Used:
Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Palettes - Storm (champagne, brown & maroon) 
and Sunset (burnt orange & pinky gold)
MAC Eye Pencil - Coffee
Clinique High Impact Mascara - Black


This entire look came about simply because I wanted to use the gorgeous, metallic brown shade from Sleek's Storm palette. I was taking a look through all my palettes for inspiration and realized I've never used it before! Strange, I thought. 

Anyway, I started off by applying said eyeshadow on my eyelid, from lash line to just above the crease, making sure to leave the inner third of my eye free of product. Then I applied a pinky gold colour on the inner corner, blending it nicely with the metallic brown. This shade (very right on the swatch photo) is kind of interesting: it looks pink in the pan and when placed on the skin, but it has some gold shimmer running through and the gold becomes more pronounced as you blend away. It's quite pretty, actually! Next up, I used a burnt orange shade and used it to blend the upper edge of the eyeshadow to create a smokier effect. The maroon shade was then applied to the outer corner of the eyelid to create a bit more depth; this shadow was also used to line the lower lash line. 

Last were the finishing touches: a lovely, shimmery champagne colour to highlight the brow bone, a matte black eyeshadow to define the brows a bit more, MAC's coffee eye pencil to line both upper and lower water lines, and a few coats of High Impact Mascara on both the top and bottom lashes.








Hope you like this look :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...